— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
School is almost back in session, and with that comes a new list of school supplies your little student will need. pencils and notepads are easy enough to pick up, but many schools now require students to bring headphones, whether they’re going back to session at school or continuing to work virtually. however, it can be difficult to know what type of headphones to buy: wired or wireless? a fresh color versus a comfortable design? And what features that aren’t super visible should parents look for?
Reading: Kids school headphone
We’ve rounded up all of the best kids’ headphones before, making our picks with audio quality, volume limitation, and comfort in mind. but which stores offer the best deals on our picks and the outfits that other cool and concerned parents really love? We know time is important and school is fast approaching, so we’ve done the work for you. Below is a guide on what to look for in a good set of kids headphones, as well as a checklist of the best headphones you can find online at stores like Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and more.
sign up for the peer-reviewed resources newsletter for tips, tricks, and hacks to get through this together.
what to look for in a good pair of kids headphones
See also: IPhone 6 Headphone Jack Replacement
According to TJ Donegan, Reviewed’s executive editor and resident dad, you’re going to want to look for a few things. First, you’re going to want to make sure that any headphones you get your kid come with volume-limiting capability. As TJ puts it, “Noise-induced hearing loss is a real concern and can impact your child’s long-term health and development, so most experts recommend volume-limiting headphones for kids. These help by keeping the playback volume to a relatively safe level, though experts still recommend keeping your devices’ volume set to about 60% for 60 minutes at a time.”
The headphones that made our list of top picks for kids were also tested for durability, style, comfort, and sound quality. the ones we haven’t tested and listed below were selected based on a preponderance of overwhelmingly positive user reviews on their respective sites.
It’s worth noting that while some schools specify what kind of headphones you should buy for your little student, we generally prefer wireless options, as they’ll work with technology that might not have a traditional headphone jack, like older iPads. new. and iphone.
where can you buy headphones for children?
While you can buy kids’ headphones everywhere from the airport to Costco, the quality of available headphones can vary. Good headphones are available at affordable prices, but beware if a deal sounds too good to be true. those $5 headphones that look great and seem like a great deal probably aren’t worth even that much, and you’ll end up having to buy something better anyway.
You can shop here for some of our favorite sets of kids’ headphones, as well as a few that shoppers seem to love.
- Get the LilGadgets Connect+ Kids Premium Volume Limited Wired Headphones from Amazon for $17.95
- Get the POWMEE P10 Kids Headphones from Amazon for $18.99
- Get the Mokata Volume Limited 85dB Kids Headphone from Amazon for $19.95
- Get the Midola Volume Limited 85dB /96dB Kids Headphone from Amazon for $19.99
- Get the iClever HS19 Kids Headphones with Microphone from Amazon for $21.59
- Get the Kidrox Tiger-Ear Kids Headphones from Amazon for $21.99
- Get the LilGadgets Connect+ PRO Kids Premium Volume Limited Wired Headphones from Amazon for $26.95
- Get the iClever BTH03 Kids Headphones from Amazon for $27.99
- Get the SIMOLIO Wireless kids Headphones from Amazon for $27.99
- Get the Gorsun Cat Ear Bluetooth Kids Headphones from Amazon for $28.99
- Get the Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Bluetooth Headphones from Amazon for $31.89
- Get the iClever BTH12 Wireless Kids Headphones from Amazon for $31.99
- Get the PuroSound JuniorJams Volume Limiting Headphones from Amazon for $79
- Get the Puro Sound Labs BT2200s Volume Limited Kids’ Bluetooth Headphones from Amazon for $99
- Get the Puro Sound Labs PuroQuiets Volume Limited On-Ear Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones from Amazon for $119
- Get the Altec Lansing Kid Safe Wired On-Ear Headphones from Best Buy for $12.99
- Get the eKids Pokemon Wired On-Ear Headphones from Best Buy for $19.99
- Get the eKids Jurassic World Wired Over-the-Ear Headphones from Best Buy for $19.99
- Get the JVC Tinyphones Wired On-Ear Headphones from Best Buy for $19.99
- Get the Altec Lansing Kid Safe 3-in-1 Wireless with Mic and Wire On-Ear Headphones from Best Buy for $24.99
- Get the Jelly Comb Foldable Corded Headphones from Walmart for $21.95
- Get the Contixo KB-100 Wireless Kids Headphones from Walmart for $22.99
- Get the Contixo Kid Safe 85dB On Ear Foldable Wireless Bluetooth Headphone from Walmart for $24.95
- Get the PuroBasic Wired Volume Limited Headphones with In-line Mic from PuroSound for $29
- Get the BT2200s Volume Limited Bluetooth Headphones with Built-In Mic from PuroSound for $99.99
- Get the Altec Lansing Kids Friendly 2-in-1 Bluetooth Headphones from QVC for $20.68
- Get the Contixo KB-100 Kids Bluetooth Headphones from QVC for $31.03
- Get the Contixo KB-200 Premium Kids Bluetooth Headphones from QVC for $31.03
- Get the JBL Kids Wirel ess On-Ear Headphones from QVC for $49.95
- Get the BuddyPhones Connect Volume-Limiting Wired Kids Headphones from HSN for $14.99
- Get the JBL Kids Wired On-Ear Headphones from HSN for $24.99
Get expert buying advice on your phone. Sign up for text message alerts from nerds looking for deals on review.
review’s product experts cover all your shopping needs. follow reviews on facebook, twitter and instagram for the latest deals, reviews and more.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.