google chromecast may seem like an absolute necessity when it comes to streaming your favorite shows and movies. but, let me burst your bubble.
You can cast your mobile devices to your TV and fully immerse yourself without spending a fortune.
cast to tv without chromecast from your phone
There are numerous methods to cast your screen to TV without using a chromecast. below we have listed some methods that work similar to chromecast and are also quite simple to implement.
using smart view
If you are a samsung user, you may have noticed the smart view option in your quick links panel. now you can use this option to mirror your screen with your smart tv easily.
- Open the quick links panel by swiping down on your home screen.
- Tap on the Smart View icon.
- Now, you can see the available devices to mirror your phone screen. If you don’t see your TV on the list, check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your phone.
- Select your TV from the list and select Start now.
- The option might ask you to enter a PIN if you had previously set it up.
now you can see your phone screen on your tv and watch any content you want without a chromecast.
If you can’t find the smart view option on your phone, try using screencast. This is a built-in feature on your android smartphone while browsing youtube or netflix. it looks like a square with a wifi logo inside.
- Open your desired app to view content. Look for the Screencast icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on it and connect to your TV.
It’s best to make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
screen mirroring on your iphone
You can also start screen mirroring on your iPhone to connect to your TV.
- Simply swipe down on your home screen, to open the Control Center.
- Below the Wi-Fi- and Bluetooth menu, you can see the Screen Mirroring logo that has two rectangles.
- Check if your TV is connected to your Wi-Fi and ready for Screen Mirroring.
- Once your TV name shows up on the list of devices under Screen Mirroring, tap on it and start enjoying the content.
Screen mirroring is the fastest method of screen mapping. however, you may need to give up some privacy as turning off screen mirroring can be tricky for some.
hdmi to phone adapters
if you want to watch content from your laptop, simply connecting an hdmi cable to your laptop is quick and easy. But, small devices like hdmi cables for your phone work great if you prefer to mirror your phone to your TV.
Simply connect an hdmi cable to an hdmi to phone adapter. then connect your adapter to your phone to start screen mirroring.
samsung has an adapter called a usb-c to hdmi adapter. Similarly, apple has the lightning digital av adapter that you can get for $49. both adapters claim to provide excellent video quality.
Although these extra purchases may seem costly, they’re very handy if you often cast your screen to a TV or a monitor.
third party applications
If you’re having trouble with the above suggestions, you can get a third-party app to mirror your screen. There are many free apps of this kind that you can find on playstore and app store.
you can try some useful apps like mirroring 360, secondscreen, teamviewer and anydesk.
cast from macbook/imac using airplay/screen mirroring
You can find a similar function ie airplay, on your macbook or imac. This is an easy way to mirror your screen to your TV wirelessly.
- Tap the Airplay icon on the header menu bar on your Macbook.
- It should look like a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom.
- It will show you a list of devices with which you can mirror your screen under the AirPlay To menu.
- Tap on your TV and the screen mirroring will begin.