For the past half century, Bose has maintained its good reputation with consumers. the headphones produced by this company are well known for their exceptional qualities, including noise cancellation and unparalleled comfort.
Since these headphones don’t come cheap, you expect high-quality sound. Also, if your iPhone has a standard headphone jack, you can use Bose headphones with it.
Reading: Bose headphone connect to iphone
Because newer iPhone models don’t have a headphone jack, you won’t be able to connect it directly. Therefore, to connect the headphones to the iphone, you will need to use bluetooth. Also, you’ll want the Bose Connect app installed on your iPhone for it to work properly.
However, bluetooth headset pairing issues can happen at any time, with any device, and for anyone. Bose, a high-end headphone trading company, is not immune to these problems. It can be a frustrating experience when your headphones won’t connect with your iOS or Android device.
In this article, we will guide you on how you can connect your bose headphones to your iphone.
You can follow these steps on any model of Apple smartphone, including the new iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13.
Let’s get to it!
can bose headphones be used with iphone?
Although all Bose wired headphones are compatible with iPhones with a standard audio port, most current iPhones do not have audio jacks and the vast majority of headphones are wireless.
The Bose Connect app is available for Apple iPhone and other iOS mobile devices, and you can use it in conjunction with the Bluetooth option to connect Bose headphones to an iPhone.
why won’t my bose headphones connect to my iphone?
verify that the wi-fi setting on your iphone is turned on. the switch is on the right earcup of the headset.
If you still can’t connect your bose headphones, try the following methods
The Bose Connect app requires your location to establish a proper connection. To accomplish this, go to the settings menu, choose apps, bose connect, permissions, and select allow location access.
go to settings > generals > iphone storage > choose bose connect and then tap the app download button to clear the app cache on your iphone for the bose connect app.
verify that your headphones are genuine so the bose connect app can identify them as genuine.
check if your iphone software is up to date. if your device has difficulties that need resolution, the headset will not connect to it.
enable bluetooth permissions
If you’re using iOS 13 or later, Apple will ask you to turn on Bluetooth permissions when you first install the Bose Connect app on your smartphone. This message will appear if you are using iOS 13 or later. if you continue and choose “do not allow”, the installation process will not be able to finish. to finish the setup process, allow bluetooth permissions:
- in your smartphone settings, scroll down until you reach your list of apps.
- choose the bose connect option.
- you need to enable bluetooth by by going to the “allow bose access” section
you will need to exit the bose app and start it again.
- When using an ios device, double tap the home button or swipe up from the bottom center of the screen to get the list of currently running apps.
- swipe in any direction across to locate the app you want to close.
- close the app by swiping it up.
clean your list of partners
You can pair up to eight separate devices with select Bose headphones. this capability allows you to connect a bluetooth device with your headphones.
You can connect with your iPhone while you work, your home computer when you kick back on the weekend, and even an iPad so you can stream content on the go.
when you try to connect to an iphone, the earphones start to examine various alternatives before recognizing that you have your favorite thing right there with you.
You may need to clear your pairing list from the bluetooth menu to restore contact between an iphone and your bose headphones when this occurs.
- turn on the bose headphones.
- move the switch so that it points in the direction of the bluetooth symbol on the device.
- hold for at least 10 seconds.
- listen to your headset to confirm that you clear the device list; you will hear “bluetooth device list cleared”.
- if you do not hold the switch in the bluetooth position long enough, it will be necessary to restart the procedure by turning the headset off and on again. again.
Please check your device’s bluetooth settings if these methods don’t work. for example, there could be a transmission problem causing the discovery procedure to fail.
how to connect bose wireless headphones to iphone?
The following methods will help you pair bose headphones with your iphone.
connect bose headphones using the bose connect app
- To start, check if the bluetooth function on your iphone is turned on.
- Modify the switch on the right ear cup of the bose headphones so that it reads green instead of red</li
- open the bose connect app.
- the app would instantly recognize the bose headphones. an image of your headphones and the phrase “drag to connect” will appear on your screen when it happens. Swipe down from the top of the screen to start connecting your iPhone to your Bose headphones. If your earphones are not recognized, a screen will appear with a screen that gives you various suggestions to help your iPhone locate them.
- The word “connecting” will appear on your device screen when the app sets with successful a connection with your headset.
- tap the ready to play button which you can locate at the bottom of the app screen.
- now you can use the headset that came with your iphone.
- You can get the bose connect app for your iphone by going to the app store and downloading it.
getting your bose headphones to work with your iphone through setup
- To turn on the headset or pair it with a device, press the power/bluetooth button. on the right earbud is where you’ll find the button with the power symbol and the bluetooth icon right above it.
- When you’ve completed this step, you’ll hear the phrase “ready to connect” from the earbuds or see the blue bluetooth light.
- launch the setup program on your iphone and then go to the bluetooth section of the menu.touch the slider next to “bluetooth” on the bluetooth screen to adjust its position. you can skip this step if the switch is already lit green and on.
- change the bose headphones green setting on the right earbud to red.
- choose the bose headphones in the other devices section.
- When the headphones are properly connected, they will appear in the “my devices” field with the status “connected”.
Note: If your headset does not appear in the list of other devices, you can reset it by following these instructions.
- turn off the bose headphones. while you wait about a minute and a half.
- Using the cable that came with the headphones, plug them into a power source that accepts USB connections. if that particular option isn’t available, a different suitable cable will do the trick.
- plug the other end into a receptacle. if one is not accessible, it is possible to use another power source, as long as the battery has enough power.
- remove the usb cable from the bose headphones.
- make sure to leave allow the product to sleep for at least one minute.
- turn on the bose headphones to begin establishing a bluetooth connection again.
how to unpair bose headphones from iphone?
disconnecting bose headphones is a quick and easy process. Do the following to disconnect the bose headphones from your iphone.
- To disconnect the headphones, you need to change the green light on the right earbud to a red light.
- Launch the bose connect app by tapping the headphone image on the home screen .
- in the last step, choose disconnect from the submenu that appears.
- disabling bluetooth function on iphone is another option to turn it off.
- to remove earphones from your iphone, go to settings > bluetooth> tap the i symbol next to the headphones > forget this device.
We hope you won’t have any more difficulties using your bose headphones now that there are no pairing issues. you’ll find that these headphones are now worth every penny you’ve spent on them!
We hope this guide helped you connect your bose headphones to your iphone so that when the day is done, you’ll have these headphones to help you unwind, thanks to their superior music quality and noise-canceling capabilities.
Also, if you’re one of those still wondering which bose headphones to buy, here are our top recommendations for the best bose headphones!